Sunday 11 August 2013

Water Adventures!

It was really coming down this morning! It was raining pretty hard for a couple hours this morning and I was worried our snorkeling trip would get cancelled, but it cleared up by the time we left. We took a boat from the school and drove to a place where we could park the truck and take out the boat. We had to even out the weight on there because it was easily tippable. We took a 30 minute boat ride to our snorkeling spot. The spot we went to this time was significantly deeper than the one we went to before. It was a little cloudier too but we saw a lot of cool fish, a stingray, and even a little shark! But I didn’t see the shark. It was quite sad. Getting up on the boat was pretty funny. Watching everyone was hilarious!

On the boat ride back, we took a short cut through a reef. It cut off 20 minutes or so of our trip but some people had to get out and walk on the coral to guide the boat through the deeper parts. Oh and there were a lot of huge boats around, probably for transporting and/or fishing so us in our tiny boat, Frankie, our principal, decided to bring us up right next to a boat. And I mean RIGHT next to the boat! The water coming out of the side, came right into the boat ALL OVER us!! We all got soaking wet!! The people in the boat were laughing and taking pictures. Oh goodness it was funny! Jenny got it all on video too!

After eating and playing some Uno, some of us went to play soccer. Okay I didn’t actually play soccer. I just watched. But it was fun to watch our SM guys playing with the locals.  Some of the SMs got SUPER sunburned today. Most of them even used strong sunscreen but they still got really red. Lots of aloe vera cream was used and poor Riley laid facedown on our couch with some ice on his back. Denise just chopped off all her hair. 12 inches of it! She looks very different and it will probably be a lot cooler for her. This heat is crazy! I’m hoping it cools down at least a bit during the fall and winter.

Classes start on Tuesday! I’m so nervous! I had a dream last night that I had 25 Kindergartners! So crazy!! I won’t know until tomorrow how many I actually have. Roy started to teach me guitar today. I hope I can get good at it! I’m very excited to learn! He’s really good at it and a very good teacher.


I am definitely ready for bed now. Been a long day! Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment