Friday 16 August 2013

3 Cheers for the Weekend!!

Yay! The weekend! I am very very excited needless to say. I don't have to teach classes tomorrow! Today was a half day and it was so nice to be done at noon! It was pouring rain almost all day so it made teaching classes somewhat difficult because I had to nearly shout. K-3 had chapel this morning and although we knew we have to plan the chapels, we had thought that Franky was going to do it this time. Well, no one showed up so all of us teachers came up front and led out in song. Then I volunteered to talk. I told the story I had told the other day to my kindergartners of Jonah and the Whale. I hope I made it somewhat exciting! I taught both my computer classes after the kids' snack time and then had one more period, and I was done! FREEDOM!!

I got back to my apartment and baked some delicious muffins from a mix. Part way through baking though, the power went out. So I went over to the boys' apartment, the "Fab Shack" as it is called, and sat there and talked until the power came back on. After a while it came back on and I was still there for a bit when I suddenly remembered my muffins! I ran back to the apartment, and they were perfect! They were quite the delicious lunch! :)

In the afternoon, Amanda, Ellie, Jen, and I went to go watch soccer. Riley, Tony, and Mr. Johnson play for a team here and they won their game I think 6-0 today! So tonight we were supposed to have vespers with high schoolers and Tony and Ellie had it all planned out, but when we got to the chapel, we realized, that we had forgotten to tell the kids about the vespers... so no one was there.. Haha! So instead, we went to Paliker for vespers. (I'm really not sure how to spell that yet!) It was very nice and Caleb spoke about how he found Jesus. I am so glad I have this group of SM's here! We all have a heart to teach these children about Jesus and show them love. Every morning, I pray at my desk in the classroom and ask God to help me be a good teacher. I see other teachers doing the same as I pass by the doorways.

Sometimes, I question God and ask Him why He brought me here. I ask when I'm frustrated that the children are not listening to me, when I have to explain something over and over again and even when I have to take a freezing cold shower. Seeing the children though, their faces when they understand or when I praise them for their work, it makes it all worth it. I ask for the strength I need to get through the school day each and every day. Please continue to pray for me! I definitely need all the prayers I can get right now. I would like to share the lyrics from a song that I really love:

Don't know where to begin, it's like my world's cavin' in
And I try but I can't control my fear, where do I go from here?
Sometimes it's so hard to pray when You feel so far away
But I am willing to go where You want me to and God I trust You

There's a ragin' sea right in front of me
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise if You want them to
I will follow You, I will follow You, I will follow You

I will swim in the deep 'cause You'll bein' next to me
You're in the eye of the storm and the calm of the sea
You're never out of reach
God, You know where I've been and You were there with me then
You were faithful before, You'll be faithful again, I'm holdin' Your hand

There's a ragin' sea right in front of me
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise if You want them to
I will follow You, I will follow You, I will follow You

God Your love is enough, You will pull me through, I'm holdin' onto You
God Your love is enough, I will follow You, I will follow You

There's a ragin' sea right in front of me
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise if You want them to
I will follow You, I will follow You, I will follow You


Such a great song! Goodnight/ Good day to everyone! Sabbath Mao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment