Thursday 8 August 2013

Just Another Busy and Hot day!

I'm nearly done with my lesson plans! They are taking me a long time but I think it will get easier for me to do them once we get started with the quarter. I think it's just that I don't quite know what to expect at the moment. It doesn't really help that I don't have textbooks or workbooks for two of my classes! I got all my keys today! I got one for the apartment, one for the high school gate, and one for each of my classrooms! I got to go into the computer lab and get acquainted with the PCs and typing program that I am going to be teaching from. The classroom has AIR CONDITIONING! How exciting is that?! As the time is getting closer to start school, I am getting more and more excited! I'm very nervous but I know God has everything under control.

Today was really, really hot. I can't believe I'm going to be living in this heat and humidity for 10 months!! I have a feeling we are going to be making a lot of trips to the river this year so we can cool off. We have been eating pretty well here! Kim is an excellent baker/cook and makes delicious things such as pita bread and granola. Tony is also a fantastic baker making banana bread and other yummies. And Jen (or as some people call her, Bonnie), and Danny made some AMAZING Nutella cookies! Definitely topped off my dinner. 

We went to the store to buy a few more grocery/household items today. I've got to say, that Roy is quite the pro at driving the truck now. Riding in the back of the truck is quite the experience to say the least. Nearly getting decapitated by huge branches, phone lines, and holding on to the bars not to run into other people in the truck in a sharp turn. I'm loving the people I get to work with here in Pohnpei. Locals and SM's! Amazing how God throws people together! Jeanne, our SM coordinator back at WWU sent us Walla Wallians a package! So exciting! Delicious goodies!

The rain here is very unpredictable, like the lovely north west where I come from. But the only difference is how hard it rains here compared to back home! When it rains, it POURS. I can't complain though. I love the rain and the way it cools everything down, which makes us Americans quite happy! 

Tomorrow is another early morning, so goodnight to all of you! Thanks for reading my blog! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment