Tuesday 6 August 2013

Hot, Sweaty, and Smoked!

Today was the last day of orientation! We signed up for extra curricular activities too. I am helping with prayer requests that are put in the box in the office. Brooke and I take them out everyday and pray for them. Today was another cleaning day for classrooms. My classroom is SO DIRTY! The high school ones are so clean compared to the elementary ones. I was taking down posters in my classroom and a giant gecko leapt toward me. I gotta say I ran away pretty fast! There are so many little jumping spiders around! And if you guys know me, you know that I am absolutely TERRIFIED of spiders! My lovely mother sent me a big can of Raid so as soon as I saw one, if it didn't run away fast enough, it got RAIDED! I laughed evily when I saw them shrivel up, not going to lie.

My Mom sent me some packages from home and I felt like a kid at Christmas! Delicious snacks!! I was very excited to say the least. Thanks Mom! You're awesome! Tonight at 6:30 we went down into the courtyard to have a campfire and dinner. We all waited, and waited, and waited. After a half hour we figured since Frankie, our principal wasn't there, he was just running on island time. Then an hour passed. Okay we were hungry! He finally showed up with a freshly caught fish and told us that he had forgotten all about the campfire. We built up the fire, and had potatoes, carrots, onion, fish, and cabbage to put into tin foil and into the fire. It was pretty good but they sat in the fire a little too long. It was nice having a campfire because it reminded me of home and going camping in the woods, except with palm trees instead of pine trees. Oh! We also had some fresh coconut! The water inside was SO delicious! The inside was soft which I think is more delicious than when it's hard. There was so much water inside we couldn't drink a whole coconut so we got to save some in our fridge. A man who has been staying here as a missionary and teacher here for the past 7 years shimmied up the tree like it was nothing! Maybe I'll learn to climb a palm tree...
Buenos Noches everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment