Wednesday 7 August 2013

Busy, busy, busy.

Today we had to be at staff worship at 7:30 am. So early... But I guess I have to get used to it because that's what time we have to be there every morning during the week. Registration started at 8:00am for 11th and 12th grade. The elementary teachers did not have to be there so we got to go prepare our classrooms and our lessons. I don't think I mentioned this yet, but since Kindergarten only goes till 12 pm, I am going to be teaching two Computer 1 classes. I'm transitioning from 5 and 6 year olds to high school freshmen. Should be interesting!

I've been working on my classroom. It's a slow but working progress. I'm more concerned about our lesson plans at this point. I know I'm going to run out of things in my book to teach at the end of the year because they're so short! And if the class is going to be as small as they think it will be, (there's about 5 kids right now) it will move very quickly. 

Today was a scorcher! We were all roasting hot so a couple of us went to a river and cooled off. It felt FANTASTIC. There was even a rope swing! I didn't try it but some people did. So some of us have to get our Pohnpeian driver's license so they can go on mail and water runs, and transport us around when the staff can't. Roy is getting his and he got to drive us today! He did a really good job! The truck looks pretty tricky to drive. 

Tonight we went to Prayer Meeting at the Kolonia church. It was very good but I think we were all just so tired we had a hard time paying attention. Friday night we get to go to the Kitti church, my host church, for vespers! 
Good night/good day to everyone reading this! Thanks again for all your prayers and support! I miss all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment