Monday 5 August 2013

Getting Crazy with School Supplies!

Today was our second day of orientation. We're learning so much! I guess I never realized how much teachers have to do for their classes! I've never appreciated them so much. We went to the Ace Office Supply store today. Although we are provided with a few things for our classroom such as chalk and a stapler, the rest is up to us. The kids come only with the bare essentials to school, so since the school can not afford to give us all the supplies we need, us SM's had to pay out of pocket for the things we needed for our classroom. Of course with island prices, everything was very expensive! I will probably never complain about prices in the States again. 

I bought a bunch of crayons, construction paper, decorations, and other things to make the classroom more fun. I can't wait to make the classroom my own! If you guys have any fun ideas for me, please message me on Facebook! 

Tonight, all of us SM's got together and cooked dinner. It was quite delicious and each apartment made some of the meal. After everything was all cleaned up, a couple of us went out and played basketball. Now, the gym has only two walls and the other two are wire gates. So you would think it would be a lot cooler to play in, especially since it was nighttime. Totally wrong! I have never sweat so much in my life!! All of us were pretty much drenched at the end. Kim and I went and dosed ourselves in the hose outside. Pretty sure that the hose has better water pressure than our shower! 

Tomorrow is our last day of orientation! We get to sign up for extra curricular activities. Oh boy. Haha. 
As Caleb would say, "Have a good day ya'll!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment