Sunday 18 August 2013

Lazy Sundays

I just love lazy Sundays. I get to sleep in until 7:30, and just chill for a while. I didn’t really do anything productive until about 11:30. I hung out with some people in ‘The Fab Shack” aka: the boys’ apartment. I started working on my lesson plans by making my own math worksheets. My kids don’t even know their shapes! So instead of going by the book, I am making my own worksheets to work on shapes. Takes way more time but hopefully these kids will learn now.

Although my lesson planning takes a while, I am very glad that my grading does not. Everyone was grading lots of papers today! I helped Riley out a little bit, grading some spelling for his 6th grade class. Goodness there was a lot of papers! Jen, Riley, and I watched Tangled for a break. I love that movie!!  It always makes me happy! Roy helped me with some guitar today. I practiced for a bit. I got the D, A, and G chords pretty well now! Hopefully I can play a song or two before the year is over. J

Frozen fruit has definitely become the new thing. There aren’t very many fruits and vegetables on the island so we buy them canned and freeze the fruit so we can eat them when they’re cold. Kind of like icecream! Very delicious and refreshing! Besides, who wants to pay $40 for a tub of icecream?? Avocados should be coming in season soon and I am very excited about that!

Tony has a fever and isn’t feeling very good at all right now. Prayers for him would be appreciated! Teaching when sick is not fun. And please pray for all our health. The children in my class always seem to be coughing and sneezing. One girl in my class used a tissue and then tried to stuff it back in the Kleenex box…. Not quite sure why but I stopped it before it happened.

Tomorrow we start school again. I can’t say I’m very excited about it  but hopefully this next week will go better than the last one! I moved the desks in the classroom into a circle to see it the children will pay more attention to me. It will also be easier for me to go to each desk to help. Anyway goodnight/good day folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment