Wednesday 18 September 2013

Sugar Highs and Headaches

I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already! All day today I thought it was Tuesday for some odd reason or other. Monday was not a bad day at all for me. The kids were fairly well behaved although I did have to move Gianna’s desk to the front of the classroom since she was not behaving very well. On Monday I found out that my smartest and sweetest student, Alyanna, is moving to Guam next week! How sad is that?? Just when I grow attached to my students, one of them leaves! It made me very sad to hear the news. L But today I found out that she will probably be back after Christmas break! So that is a huge relief!

Tuesday was a CRAZY day! Both JT and Tiva had a birthday. JT turned 5, and Tiva turned 6! Apparently birthdays are a big thing for kids here so altogether, there was 3 full size cakes, miniature cakes, about 40 some cupcakes, 2 gallons of icecream, candy, and chocolate milk. My kids were on a HUGE sugar high!! Seriously, I could not even teach 2 class periods because it was just too crazy! So I just let them play around the room and in the loft until it was time to go home. Goodness I’m just glad I didn’t have to deal with them when they crashed! In my Computer classes, we had a mid term test. Everyone had to be able to get at least 10 words per minute to get an A, 9 to get a B, 8 to get a C, etc. All but one kid got an A. I was very happy! In PE, we did volleyball and as I was walking over to Roy to ask him something, Edison’s serve went in the opposite direction it should have and nailed me right in the side of the face. There was a giant gasp in the air and all the boys were like “Miss! Miss! Are you okay?? Edison what is wrong with you?!” I’ve been hit a lot harder in the face before so I was fine, just had a headache for the rest of the day.  But it was pretty funny that all the boys were asking how I was doing the rest of the class period. J I went and visited the boys’ apartment after our required hour in the classrooms after school to see how everyone was doing. I sat down on the couch, and after a few minutes, without even saying anything, Riley got up and got me a Coca-Cola. Just what I needed! I think everyone had had a crazy day. I got all my computer grades put in my computer finally because mid term grades are due on Thursday.


Wednesday was a typical day. I’ve been getting a lot more headaches lately and my eye twitching is starting to come back. Today, I had 3 kids missing (probably sick from all that cake yesterday!) so it was kind of nice to teach only 10 kids today. I am so ready for this weekend! We are going island camping! We finally get to get away from campus! Honestly, it is really annoying not being able to really get off campus when we want to. Not just because of transportation, but also because we really have no time. LaeAnnie, one of Franky’s kids, left to go to Walla Walla today! I’m so excited for her! Everyone was very sad that she left though. She is a very sweet girl and although I don’t know her very well, I know she will be missed! Karyn gave a great worship tonight for Wednesday night worship. She always has great thoughts to share. Hopefully tomorrow passes by quickly because I am definitely getting sick. Man these kids are ALWAYS sick and get me sick!! Have a fantastic day everyone! I know a lot of people are headed back to Walla Walla soon! Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment