Thursday 19 September 2013

GETTING AWAY!!!!

Parent Teacher Conference day! Our very first ones, which apparently happen every midterm as well as finals. I didn’t have to make any grade reports for Kindergarten, which was nice, so I just made the ones for my computer classes and I was done.  After school, we didn’t have tutoring sessions. So we all headed out to go shopping for food before our conferences at 5. I went with some people to the DMV to get my Pohnpei drivers license. I know Franky isn’t going to put me as one of the designated drivers, but I think it would be a good idea to have it just in case. I know how to drive manual and I think it’s good for at least one girl to have theirs. It only costs a
Birthday Party!
bout 5 dollars to get it anyway. We got back to school and I went to my classroom to clean up a few last minute things and sat behind my desk, put on classical music, started grading papers, and waited. And waited and waited and waited. Was anyone actually going to show up? Franky had told us about 30 parents actually show up to these things which is quite sad. But soon, a parent came in. His little girl, Haylee is one of my best students. I greeted him and we sat down in chairs and talked. He seemed appreciative of me being a good teacher. I was really happy to hear that! Another set of parents came in, another of one of my best kids. I was really hoping my trouble kids’ parents would come in. But I only had 2 parents come in. I had 3 high school parents come in though which was nice. I told one of them that I really appreciated him coming in and checking how their kid was doing because a lot of parents weren’t coming in. He looked surprised!


Fridays are so fantastic! Half days! And today is extra special because we are going camping! Island camping! I’m very excited to be going someplace with sand! The only sand here on Pohnpei is crushed coral. Not very soft… Apparently there is great snorkeling on this island! I can’t wait to go! J Later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment