Thursday 3 October 2013

Prayers Needed!!

JT and Kody!
Getting up on Monday mornings is one of the hardest things to do, even if my mattress top is so thin I feel most of the springs. My kids are always tired on Monday mornings so there wasn’t really any participating in singing. They haven’t really been singing lately and I’m not really sure why. L So I’ve been telling them “Alright, you don’t want to sing, let’s get to work. Get out your phonics books.” Hopefully they’ll start to get the message that they get to do more work if they don’t want to participate. Monday was another rough day for listening in my class. I really don’t know what is going on with them lately! They just won’t listen and I discipline them quite a bit! I might try moving around their desks or put them into groups. I got to Skype my parents during my lunch break! It was great to see their faces, hear Romanian, and see my kitty Pi. J

PE class was fun as always! Those boys are always causing trouble! They think they’re pretty funny and they just love to tease me. Roy is always there to back me up though and gets onto the boys to leave me alone. :p On Monday night, I was helping Riley grade papers in the boys apartment with Danny, Tony, and Jen. Danny went to go make some dinner and he was trying to open a can of Super-Links. We suddenly hear Danny yelling and holding his thumb. He cut his thumb pretty deep and it was bleeding quite a bit so Riley, (who we like to call our SM doctor) wrapped up the wound and went with Danny and Pastor Tim to the hospital. So Jen and I sat by ourselves in the apartment and ended up making red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting to help Danny feel better. He was already having a horrible day at school and this whole thumb situation did not help. When they came back, Danny was in quite a happy mood. They didn’t really give him any medication either but he was really happy and funny. J

Recess fun!
Tuesday went alright in the Kindergarten classroom. I got a slice of watermelon from Reese! I was excited! I’m glad my kids seem to love me! When Yuree, the girl I have to reprimand the most in my class, came in, she came to my desk and hugged me for a long time and didn’t want to let go! It just warmed my heart to see that even though I have to constantly punish her and I mostly seem stern with her, she still loves me. During computer class, one of my students, Jessica, could not stop coughing. I asked her if she had cough drops. The kids looked quizzically at me and asked, “What are cough drops?” I couldn’t believe they didn’t know what cough drops were! So I ran to the boys’ apartment since it was closer and got some cough drops for her. I came back and they helped her a lot. After class, she came up to me, gave me a hug (which was a lot like my Kindergartners because she’s super short) and said thank you for getting the cough drops for her. Tuesday afternoon, I got the ceiling in my room fixed! No more pots and bowls to catch the endless water dripping on the floor and almost on my bed! Our room looks a lot better now without all the stuff on the floor and I no longer wake up and step into a puddle! J Mr. Edward told us that if the ceiling could not be fixed, we could all move into the nicer apartments above the cafeteria. Well naturally, Kim, Karyn, Jen, and I, were all curious about how the other apartments looked. So we got the keys from Mrs. Edward and went up to explore. They ARE a lot nicer than ours! But the people who fix things on campus were able to repair my ceiling. We WERE able however to steal some fans, sharp knives, and whisks from the apartments! Later that afternoon, I had a meeting with the parents of one of my students, Tiva. It went very well and I’m glad I’m able to talk to some parents who actually care about how their child is doing in school.
That night, we got together and ate a joint dinner and then had a Bible study. It was definitely something we all needed and I was very blessed. We each are praying for one of the people in the group for the week and then next Tuesday we’ll get new people.

Alyanna and her llama picture
Wednesday, as I was heading to my class, I was still quite a ways from my classroom when I saw a few of my students run toward me yelling: “Teacher Teacher!! Ms. C!!” I get 3 little girls wrapped around me who won’t let go for a good while! Well that was a great way to start my day! The kids did fairly well that day, listening wise. There were still a few people’s names written down on the board, but other than that, they were pretty good. J I’m learning to love these kids more and more as the days go by. Kody, a boy who I just want to duck tape down to his seat, is one of the sweetest little boys. He is always helping other people and sharing his things. He’s doing great in his school work and I am very proud of him! Wednesday was Reese’s birthday! Her mom and dad brought in cake, ice cream, spaghetti, and pizza! It was all very yummy! Especially the ice cream! Goodness I miss ice cream! My high school boys were as crazy as usual. Having to stand right next to them while they did their pushups, because they think I can’t see them slacking off, watching them play some crazy volleyball. It’s always an experience! After school, I went over to the boys’ apartment to check on Riley, who has not been feeling well and had gone to the doctor’s office to find out what was wrong. Among other things, he has a gastritis, a parasite, and stomach ulcers. He is in a lot of pain and really couldn’t eat much. He lost 17 lbs. since he got here so not being able to eat was even worse. I couldn’t do much to help him, but I kept him company and just tried to make him more comfortable. He has a plane ticket to go home tomorrow so his dad can operate on him back in Alaska. Please keep Riley in your prayers! He’s going through a lot of pain right now.

Thursday was a pretty good day with my kids! They all seem to love me and I just went crazy with them at recess. I would snatch one of them up and run away with them saying, “I got Summer! I got Summer! You can’t take her away from me!” And they would all chase me until they caught me and then another child would be snatched up and I would be chased down again. They LOVED it and asked for more and more. Finals are next week so I’m letting kids come and practice typing after school. I really want all of them to do well! I had a large part of a chicken burger tonight. What is happening to me?! I'm eating meat!!

Please pray for Riley as he heads out tomorrow. He’s got a long trip ahead of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment