Friday 13 December 2013

Christmas, please hurry up!

 “Ms. C! Ms. C!”

Alyanna and Haylee!
I look up from my lesson plan book that I am working on. JT is in front of me pointing across the gym.

“What is it JT?”
“Haylee cry!”

Does the crying ever stop?
I sigh, put down my notebook and walk over to Haylee who is hunched on the ground crying. After instructing the other kids to go play else where, I sit next to Haylee.

“Haylee what’s wrong?”
She doesn’t answer for a few seconds, but then points to Alain.

“Alain told me ew!”
“Did you try to kiss him again?”
She looks sheepishly at me and nods her head yes, trying to hold back a smile.

Jeroleen, soon to be at WWU with me!
“I don’t think he really likes that so maybe we should keep our lips to ourselves okay?”

“Oh Ms. C, you’re so funny!” she giggles and runs off to play.

My children never cease to amaze and amuse me. J Having to deal with kissing in Kindergarten definitely reminds me of when I chased boys around the playground!

 I still have at least one crier a day. One girl set a record of crying 5 times in one day! And I only have them from 8-noon! One of my girls, Yuree, has a harder time understanding and speaking English and is Philippino so she doesn’t speak Pohnpeian either. She is also not the easiest person to play with, but she is getting bullied a lot. It makes me sad how mean kids can be!

Christmas break is almost here! 5 more school days! J Prayers are needed as sickness is once again being passed around the SMs.


Kim shared a beautiful verse with us found in Psalms 61:1-2 MSG

God, the one and only—
    I’ll wait as long as he says.
Everything I need comes from him,
    so why not?
He’s solid rock under my feet,
    breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
    I’m set for life.”



Hope you are having a joyful and snowy holiday season! I am quite jealous of the cold weather you are having. While you sit by fireplaces with blankets, I am sitting in front of a fan with shorts and a tank top. I can't believe it's this humid in winter! 

 Sorry for the terrible updates! Hopefully more exciting things will happen over break. J
Oh! Sunday is my first scuba diving lesson in the ocean! I am super excited but nervous at the same time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment